Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Computers

Computers are driving me crazy. My MacBook Pro just died this past week. Logic board crapped out, apparently, and I don't have the funds to replace it. So I went and bought a hard drive enclosure and took apart the laptop to extract the hard drive, a process that required making a separate trip to the store to buy a special screwdriver, just for 5 little screws in the computer.

I'm fortunate in that I inherited an iMac last year from my dad's business (I guess they don't use Apple stuff anymore), so I'm not totally shit out of luck, just not very mobile anymore. And I've been having all kinds of issues installing recording software and Waves plugins. So right now, all the work I've been doing on my solo album has been put on hold.

It's times like these I must remind myself that every step of the journey is the journey. This break that I am taking from my work (which I did not choose) is actually part of the work that I'm doing. And I know when I get all this technological nonsense sorted out that I will return to my writing and recording with a renewed vigor and sense of urgency.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment